Well I'm trying to get back to the studio long enough to be productive again. I've been working on a few things for the production of Nutcracker this week for the Dance Theater of TN. Tomorrow I'll go make sure that the couple of props I built work properly and then I can get back to painting. Today I have spent some time working on a few panels. I'm going to try a new surface for my paintings. I like a lot of contrast between the image and the background, so I put paper on my panel instead of using milk paint or the raw plywood. This allows me to paint a more vibrant color. In this case I'm using a very watered down acrylic as my base color. Because the paint is watered down the paper still has some bite to hold the beeswax. The problem with the milk paint, sometimes, is that it isn't as vibrant. It's perfect for some subjects, but I have been wanting a little more pop in the overall presentation. I'm also going to play with mounting canvas to a panel and see how well it works. I'm always experimenting. Seems like I may never settle on one form of creating. I guess thats a good thing:-)
Here is where I share my thoughts about different things: my art, process, shows, inspirations, and whatever else I think is worth sharing. Please feel free to give feedback.